Monday, October 26, 2015

Nut Wedges

TUESDAY

So I'm kinda swerving into the baking lane(?) and I found a new recipe book on the book shelf. I looked through it and found "Nussecken", and because it's almost Christmas, I guess, I made them. It got me into a really festive mood and I feel like it was a mistake to make them because it's mid October. But you can never be too early for Christmas baking!


What you need:

-*250g flour
-*100g sugar
-*100g margarine
-*1 packet vanilla sugar
-*2 eggs
-*1 teaspoon backing powder
_ _ _ _ _ 

-1 jar apricot jam
-100g chopped almonds
-100g chopped hazelnuts
-3 tablespoons water
_ _ _ _ _ 

-200g bittersweet chocolate

First step:
Mix all ingredients (*) in a bowl until you get a stiff dough. You can knead it if it gets too hard.

Second step:
Grease the baking tray with margarine. (Don't forget the corners!)

Third step:
Place the dough onto the tray and smooth it out.

Fourth step:
Spread out the apricot jam onto the dough.

Fifth step:
Take the leftover ingredients and bring them to boil in a pot.
(Don't forget to stir them, they will get burnt quickly!)

Sixth step:
Spread the hot mixture on top of the apricot jam.

Seventh step: 
Put the tray into the oven at 175C (~350F) for about 25-30 minutes.

Eighth step:
Take it out of the oven and let it cool down.

Ninth step:
Cut the dough into many little triangle shapes. But keep it on the tray.

Tenth step:
Melt the chocolate in a bowl on top of hot water.

Eleventh step:
Dip two corners of each nut wedge into the chocolate.

TADAA!

Tell me in the comments what your favorite fall/winter recipe is :)







If you bake the nut wedges, tag them with #k80cake on instagram so I can see them :)

~k80








No comments:

Post a Comment